Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Mérida, Mexico
Students take one mandatory course designed for study abroad students and choose from elective courses at the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán and/or IFSA program courses. In addition, students can conduct research abroad. Classes are taught in Spanish.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
This program is located in country under a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning and operates with special permission under the university's travel policy.
Students enrolled in this program will be required to adhere to additional security measures and sign a release acknowledging the Travel Warning.
This program is subject to suspension or modification at any time. These matters will be discussed in more detail during advising appointments and pre-departure orientation.
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Review important information and advice about conducting Research Abroad.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:2 years (completion of Spanish 121-3 or 125) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish required, completion of one recent quarter recommended.
Housing:Homestays (3 meals/day)
Fall 2016: $20,265
Billed by Northwestern: $17,595
- Tuition: $12,575
- Room & board: $2,400
- Study Abroad Administrative Fee: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $2,670
- Airfare: $600
- Local transportation: $200
- Books & supplies: $200
- Personal expenses: $1,500
- HTH: $170
Financial Aid & Scholarships