What is Student Affairs?
Student Affairs affects every Northwestern student. Nearly 30 departments make up the Division of Student Affairs, from housing to food services, career services to counseling, the student center to student org advising, and so much more. Student Affairs enriches the Northwestern experience outside of the classroom. This division engages students in activities and culture in both the campus and surrounding community. Student Affairs offers support to students in need and creates an environment that makes Northwestern students Wildcats for life.
See complete list of departments.
Message from the Vice President
Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs Vice President's Office. I am delighted you have taken the time to visit us. Please feel free to peruse our site to connect with me and find out what is going on in other departments within the Division. Here one can find information for students, parents of Northwestern students, and Student Affairs staff.
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to building student leaders for a global community. We truly believe we can make a difference in this world by preparing students for global leadership. Together with our Northwestern University partners, we have a chance to make a difference in our communities—local, regional, and global. Our strategic plan is focused on helping us achieve our goals and objectives.
Again, thank you for visiting our site. Feel free to call our office if you have any questions!
Patricia Telles-Irvin, Ed. D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of the Vice President
- Campus Inclusion and Community
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Health Services
- Special Events and Communication (Commencement)
- University Career Services (UCS)
- Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT)
Giving to Student Affairs
Student Affairs is responsible for students’ lives outside the classroom and all students are touched in some way by Student Affairs. We provide services, campus environment, and experiences that enrich students’ lives every day at Northwestern.
Your gifts directly support students on campus by providing critical resources for things like health and wellness education, leadership development programs, career counseling and internship placement, community volunteerism, Norris University Center, residence halls, and so much more. With your help Student Affairs creates an inclusive, safe, thought-provoking, and supportive environment in which students can achieve their goals, develop critical-thinking, and become Wildcats for Life!
NU Committee List
(supplied by Student Affairs Leadership Team)
- Norris University Center Advisory Board – Kelly Schaefer
- Food Services Advisory Board – Julie Payne-Kirchmeier
- Housing Advisory Board (formerly the Housing/Food Services Policy Advisory Committee) – Paul Riel
- Northwestern Sustainability Fund (NSF) – Rob Whittier
- Campus Coalition on Mental Health – John Dunkle
- Campus Coalition on Sexual Violence (CCSV) – Lisa Currie
- Alcohol Coalition – Todd Adams
- Dillo Day Task Force –Burgie Howard
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Planning Committee – Dona Cordero
- Campus Publicity Committee – Natalie Furlett
- Off-Campus Ambassadors Program – Tony Kirchmeier
- NUPD Advisory Board – Patricia Telles-Irvin
- Campus Safety and Prevention Committee – Patricia Telles-Irvin
Staff Support for Office of the Vice President
Regan Vieu Lindsey