September 2013 Meeting Notes
|Student Affairs Main Page Re-design||Jill Brazel, Jessica Marie Torro and Chris Walker|
|Search Engine Optimization||Christa Battaglia (Manager of Web and Electronic Communications, McCormick School)|
|Q & A||Nina Modi|
Introduction of Attendees
Attendees were asked to introduce themselves, including department and role.
Introduction to Meeting
Welcome to the 2013-14 WCUG meetings and we appreciate the participation. Our goal for these monthly group meetings is to provide training, resources, information and guidance so that each department will have all the support to maintain and enhance their websites. We encourage everyone to attend as many meetings as possible.
- Cascade upgraded to 7.6 was successfully completed
- New features: graphic displays of content on message screen and automatically saving of draft web files
- New Student Affairs landing page launched, presentation to follow
- Christa Battaglia will be presenting on search engine optimization
- The minutes from each our WCUG meetings are posted as a resource to you to review our discussions.
- Provide feedback to Nina Modi, email address email@example.com
New Student Affairs Main Page Redesign
Presenters - Jill Brazel, Jessica Maria Torro and Christopher Walker
- Just launched Student Affairs main web page
- Responsive design for smart phones and tablets
- Navigation improved from previous design
- Accessible design
- Any questions or feedback to contact Jill
Search Engine Optimization
Presenter - Christa Battaglia (Manager of Web and Electronic Commmunication, McCormick School of Engineering)
Questions? contact Nina Modi: