WCUG - November 2013 Meeting Notes
|Q & A||Nina Modi and Jill Brazel|
Introduction of Attendees
Attendees were asked to introduce themselves, including department and role.
Introduction to Meeting
Welcome to the group and we appreciate the participation. Our goal for these monthly group meetings is to provide training, resources, information and guidance so that each department will have all the support to maintain and enhance their websites. We encourage everyone to attend as many meetings as possible.
Living@ Website by Erin Druger
- Living@ webstie was initially unintuitive, confusing, disorganized.
- Step-by-step process of re-evaluating.
- Page by page proof in the spring.
- From scratch: General topics organized by grouping and subgroups (homepage, new students, current, etc.).
- Organization in Mindmeister mind map showed repeated section, e.g. combined students, safety and services.
- Mind map groupings applied to new template for possible layouts.
- Living@ content re-engineering presentation (pdf format)
Q & A - General Topics
- Content analysis with Nina and Jill after Thanksgiving, deadline in February for IT and ready for content, preferably by January. Completely moved over by Fall 2014.
- Possible order by Google Analytics, readiness and size. Priority for SALT, NSFP and Housing.
- More structure into redesign; keep to no more than 4 levels down.
- Possible training session.
- Allows visible complexity.
- Try to consider top-level tabs before January.
- Think about 4 main tabs and quick links.
- Jill and Nina will be making appointments with individual departments.
Questions? contact Nina Modi: