|Q & A||Nina Modi|
Introduction of Attendees
Attendees were asked to introduce themselves, including department and role
Introduction to Meeting
Welcome to the group and we appreciate the participation. Our goal for these monthly group meetings is to provide training, resources, information and guidance so that each department will have all the support to maintain and enhance their websites. We encourage everyone to attend as many meetings as possible.
- The minutes from each our WCUG meetings are posted as a resource to you to review our discussions.
- The Student Affairs Assessment web site has been launched as well as the Accessibility Guidelines. Nina went over both with the group to show the new tools.
- Provide feedback to Nina Modi, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Nina went over the SAIT Cascade Online Training Materials and then asked the group to break into 2 discussion groups to discuss the following items:
- Training Materials
- Work Flows
- Student Assistance
- Form Requirements
Feedback From Group
Training Materials-Helpful? Suggestions?
- Found it useful
- PDF needs updating frequently
- Training header was confusing on page. Scrolling down 'Training' is in 2 places. They should be closer together on the page and differentiated.
- Some were unaware of training materials provided on the site
- "Help" Button in Cascade
- More examples from other staff during the WCUG meetings
- Agenda Item-Show off websites found this helpful to gain ideas from other web sites
- Training videos would be helpful if brief. No one brought up video training, Nina mentioned
- Preferred hard copies of training materials
Workflow-Helpful? Why? Why not?
- One person needs to be accountable and need assistance on deciding who that person is
- Proofreading is the most important thing
- Difficult for Instant Off Hours Updates
- Difficult for one person or small departments
- CSI-Yes for Workstudy
- Workstudy should be web focused
Student Assistance-Need help from students editing web pages?
- Assume deparment hires their own students and SAIT trains them in Cascade
- This would create need for Workflows-great for proofreading
- However, no publishing priveleges
- Need to build trust levels with students so they can publish for you.
- Great to use NU students in useful ways (Social Media and Web)
- Providing training for people who hire-make sure they are looking for the right skill set
- Need to be used in resourceful ways
- Recognize skills and thoughtful job descriptions
- Cascade complaint department
Forms - What are the requirements for forms? How would you use them? Do you need them?
Students vs. Internal vs. Outside users
- Job applications
- CA applications
- Waiting list for room changes
- Cancellation of contracts
- Maintenance Requests
- Request information
- Authentication (Students, Internal, Outside users)
- Attachments with forms
- Populate information
- Branching (logic)
- Wildcat Connection or similar system
- Nina is looking at solutions
- Authentication may be a problem
Nina will present this feedback to the web team next Tuesday and and get their feedback. In June will provide feedback to WCUG. If you have any summer student workers, feel free to bring them for training. Let us know if we missed anything.
|Nina Modi||Information Technology||Yes|
|Alison May||Students With Disabilities||Yes|
|Jeremy Hopkins||Career Services||Yes|
|Hope Wallace||Center For Student Involvement||Yes|
|Andress Carrasquillo||Food Service||Yes|
|Erin Elizabeth Druger||Marketing||Yes|
|Jessica Marie Torro||Marketing||Yes|
|Barbara Colleen Keefe||Multicultural Student Affairs||Yes|
|Daphne Nwankpa||Multicultural Student Affairs||Yes|
|Eric Budzynski||Religious Life||Yes|
|Mark D-Arienzo||Residential Services||Yes|
Questions? contact Nina Modi: