Facilitator: Nina Modi
Presenting: Nina Modi and James McHaley
Note Takers: Jeremy Hopkins
|Jessica Watson||Student Engagement|
|Tony Kirchmeier||Off Campus|
|Dr. Lesley Ann Brown||Inclusion|
|Lopa Patel||Graduate Housing|
|Eric Budzynski||Religious Life|
|Andres Carrasquillo||Food Services|
|Annaleah Tubbin||Res Life|
|Alison May||Students With Disabilities|
|Jeremy Hopkins||University Career Services|
|Web Site Development Process||Nina Modi|
|Training Model For Content||Nina Modi|
|Mind Mapping and Content
|Updates on Marketing and Social Media||Nina Modi|
|Q & A||Nina Modi|
Introduction to Meeting
Welcome to the group and we appreciate the participation. Our goal for these monthly group meetings is to provide training, resources, information and guidance so that each department will have all the support to maintain and enhance their websites. We encourage everyone to attend as many meetings as possible.
- The minutes from each our WCUG meetings are posted as a resource to you to review our discussions.
- Chris Walker, Hao Luo and Nina all attended 'Accessing Higher Ground' Conference in Colorado and will be sharing that information they gathered with the group.
- WebComm-please discuss requests for URL redirects prior to assuming the name. We are reviewing all WebComm requests and trying to keep redirects to a minimum.
- SAIT website will be launched soon.
- Provide feedback to Nina Modi, email address email@example.com
Web Site Development Process
Nina discussed the SAIT web site development process. After the receipt of a web request for a web site or web work, we have a 4 step rocess that we follow:
- Meet with department
- Introduce our process
- Gather some inital requirements
- Discuss the tentative time frame
- After a Project Manager has been assigned a second meeting is setup up
- Discuss requirements in detail
- Start to develop a time plan
- Mindmap access
- Web writing tips
- Cascade training
- Begin uploading content into cascade
- Review time line
- SAIT technical checks
- SAIT testing
- Website review with SAIT web team and Jim
Mind Mapping And Content
Alison discussed the use of Inspiration as a mind mapping tool. They have added the mind map to their website and students find it useful to graphically see how the Students With Disabilities web site is organized. When developing their web site they used the mind map to help with the creation and organization of their website.
Marketing And Social Media
Jmaes McHaley will be taking over marketing for Student Affairs. He and his staff consisting of students, designers (to be hired) and Jill will be working on marketing projects for the division. They will be restructuring websites with a new design to give a professional look and feel without losing accessibility.