What is SharePoint? | Requesting A SharePoint Site |
Responsibilities Of SharePoint Site Owners and SAIT | SharePoint Resources |
SharePoint Site Request Form
There are a number of resources to assist site-owners with training (on/off campus), how-to videos and books.
Requirement: Site owners must complete 6 hours of Lynda.com SharePoint training available for free through NUIT (SharePoint Site Owner Resources) before beginning work on their SharePoint site.
The following SharePoint management resources are recommended:
NUIT SharePoint Management Resources
There are comprehensive resources from NUIT SharePoint Site Owner Resources including:
- OnLine video tutorials (Lynda.com)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 training courses
- Northwestern Share how-to videos
- Northwestern Share site owner guide
Northwestern University Human ResourcesHuman Resources offers a training session for SharePoint users:
- This course will not cover many aspects of site ownership, but instead focuses on end user training
- Check with Human Resources for additional information.
The following are the recommended guides and books for site owners from Northwestern University, NUIT and Microsoft:
- Best practices and how-to for setting up a site collection in Northwestern Share
- Specifically produced for Northwestern
SharePoint Book - Microsoft Sharepoint 2013: InsideOUT
- ISBN: 978-0-7356-6699-3
- Avaiable via iBuyNU
There will be user groups that site-owners will be able to attend:
- NUIT will be hosting a users’ group for SharePoint administrators
- SAIT will be hosting a group similar to our Web Content and AxisTV users’ groups