1st Year Meal Plans
First year students living on campus have 3 meal plan options: weekly 13, weekly 14, and unlimited.
The weekly plans have a set number of meals per week that do not roll over from week to week. Additionally, the weekly plans only allow for one "swipe" in a given meal time. The meal times are as follows:
- Breakfast 7:30 – 10:45AM
- Lunch 10:46AM – 4:45PM
- Dinner 4:46PM – 7:30PM
- Late Night 7:30PM – 2:00AM
The unlimited plan allows the student unrestricted entry into the dining halls.
All three meal plans also include Wildcat points and two guest meals per quarter. The weekly 14 and unlimited plans also include equivalency meals which allow the student to use the equivalent price of a meal at any of the retail locations. Prices (listed below) vary based on the meal time.
- Breakfast 7:30 – 10:45AM ($4.75)
- Lunch 10:46AM – 4:45PM ($6.60)
- Dinner 4:46PM – 7:30PM ($8.50)
- Late Night 7:30PM – 2:00AM ($6.60)
Upperclassmen Meal Plans
Upperclassmen have an additional meal plan option called the block plan. This plan has a fixed number of equivalency meals per quarter, as well as Wildcat points. Here is the chart of our current meal plans and you can also download the meal plan chart here (pdf).
Fraternity/Sorority or Off-Campus
Students who are a member of a fraternity or sorority, and partaking in their house's meal plan, may reduce their NU meal plan to the weekly 6. This plan provides 6 meals per week and 100 points per quarter. It does not include equivalency or guest meals.
*Residents of Seabury Hall may also reduce to the weekly 6.
Off Campus/Faculty/Staff Meal Plan
- The WildCat Meal Pack is meal plan bundle for students living off campus as well as faculty and staff.
- The bundle includes 10 meals and 25 points.
- The meals can only be used in one of the six residential dining halls.
- Points can be used in the dining halls or in any of the on-campus retail locations (excluding the Kellogg dining options in the Jacobs Center).
- The meal bundle carries through the entire Academic Year and expires on August 31st of each year. Multiple packs can be purchased throughout the year.
- The meal plan can only be purchased with a credit card, and it will take one to two business days for the meal plan to be added to the WildCard.
- You can sign up for the WildCat Meal Plan here.
Meal Plan Cancellation Policy
- You live in a Kemper single in a suite with a kitchen.
- You are a part of an academic-sponsored internship, co-op, or student teaching, and can provide documentation from you Dean/Department.
- You have medical documentation. You must have this medical reason approved by the Director of Searle Health Center and also speak with the on-campus dietician about your medical reasons. The Director of Health Services makes the final approval for medical release.