International travel requires a number of additional steps. Make sure you begin talking to your advisor no fewer than 6 weeks before you intend to travel. Additionally, please feel free to contact CSI for any additional support we can provide regarding international travel policy.
- Schedule a meeting with your advisor at least 6 weeks prior
- Bring to meeting the following:
- Tentative travel plan including:
- Where you want to go
- What organization or vendor you’d like to work with and/or conference or retreat you’d like to attend
- Note: All international travel must be approved through Julie Friend by submitting the Rubric for Assessing International Community Partnership Development(pdf)--will open in new window.
- Follow International Travel Activities Checklist (pdf)--will open in new window
- RSO Risk Management and Emergency Response Plan SAMPLE (pdf)--will open in new window