With over 480 student organizations at Northwestern, getting involved is easy. Students are welcome to stop by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) learn more about our student organizations, but the easiest way to learn more is to visit Wildcat Connection, Northwestern's student organization directory. Once you log-in to Wildcat Connection with your NetID and password you can explore all our student organizations from A cappella groups and theatre organizations to community service groups and sport clubs. On Wildcat Connection you can:
- Find student organizations' social media pages
- Search upcoming events
- Contact organizations directly
New Student Organizations
If you are interested in starting a new student organization consider some of the following before you get started.
- What is your organization's mission and purpose?
- Will your organization serve a new campus need that is not already being served by another organization?
- Do any other organizations like yours currently exist on campus?
- Can Northwestern provide the resources your student organization needs to function?
- Will your group be sustainable beyond your time at Northwestern?
- Are other students interested in your organization? At least five total proposed members are required, including two officers.
- Will your organization be open to any interested student?
Please note that student organizations must abide by a number of policies and procedures and organizations may not be approved due to the nature of the organization or the risk involved with participating.
We are accepting Fall Quarter applications now until Friday, November 14 at 11:59 am. Students will be contacted regarding a decision in early December.
Further questions may be addressed to Hope Wallace in the Center for Student Involvement.
Student Activity Scholarship Fund
Information regarding the Student Activity Scholarship Fund (SASF) will be available on Wildcat Connection each quarter when the application opens.
Supplemental documentation must be turned in to the Center for Student Involvement c/o Natalie Furlett.
Student Engagement Partners
CSI partners with Student Engagement offices for a full array of involvement opportunities.
Visit our Student Engagement partners' websites to learn more:
- Student Engagement
- Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA)
- New Student and Family Programming
- Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (OFSL)
- Religious Life