University leadership and staff members were involved in the creation of the 2017 Staff Survey. View the additional information below.
The following advisory groups, executive sponsors, project team, and engagement champions helped to generate the 2017 Staff Survey.
The following executive sponsors were directly involved in the development of the staff survey:
- Nim Chinniah, Executive Vice President
- Jonathan Holloway, Provost
- Pamela Beemer, Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
The following advisory groups were directly involved in the development of the staff survey:
- Council of Deans
- Vice Presidents
- Faculty Senate
- HR Leadership Advisory Council
- Learning Council
Associate Provosts, Associate Deans, and Associate VPs from every school and all major units represent the Engagement Champions. This group closely collaborated on the design of the survey, communications, reporting, and action planning.
The project team consisted of a cross-disciplinary group across Human Resources, Institutional Research, Global Marketing and Communications, and IT. These individuals were directly involved in the development of the staff survey.
- Ofelia Casillas
- Bill Chafetz
- Amy Conn
- Megan DaPisa-Keita
- Karla Del Angel
- Samir Desai
- Charles DiCarlo
- Amit Prachand
- Diane Treuthart
- Ericka Wrencher
After a competitive review process, Northwestern selected Aon Hewitt, an external consulting firm, to administer the 2017 Staff Survey. Aon is a global leader and expert in the talent management and employee engagement field. The solutions Aon offers are based on years of rigorous research, thus ensuring that the recommendations result in significant, positive improvements for its clients.
Aon empowers institutional performance through people performance by
- Leveraging its experience and deep expertise in conducting employee experience research and implementing solutions for its clients.
- Utilizing its technology platform to allow effective assessment of the employee experience.
- Analyzing data and results to generate valid insights that drive significant enhancements for its clients.
- Preparing managers to translate their results into key actions that will drive significant improvements for their team and organization.