Any Northwestern undergraduate student who meets all of the following criteria:
- A current student who will be enrolled for at least fall quarter of the following academic year and is a degree seeking student.
- Pursuing an internship in a traditionally unpaid field or role.
- Receiving 0.25 or less credit for the summer internship.
- Not receiving any money from the employer or other funds from Northwestern.
- Has an internship secured by May 31.
In order to receive their stipend, students must do all of the following:
- Meet with a UCS Internship Specialist (if an internship is not secured at the time of the grant announcement).
- Attend a mandatory orientation sessionin late May 2013.
- Complete all required internship agreements and payroll paperwork.
- Complete at least 250 hours at an internship between mid-June and late-August.
- Participate in career-development focused activities and projects throughout the summer.
- Attend SIGP donor events in 2013-2014.
- Contribute as a SIGP Student Ambassador in the 2013-2014 academic year.