Applying for SIGP
Thank you for your interest in the Summer Internship Grant Program. Please read carefully the following pages to determine if SIGP is right for you and to learn how to apply.
Please note: you do not have to have your internship lined up in order to apply for SIGP
Step 1: Do you qualify?
Any Northwestern undergraduate student who meets all of the following criteria:
- A current student who will be enrolled for at least fall quarter of the following academic year and is a degree seeking student.
- Pursuing an internship in a traditionally unpaid field or role.
- Receiving 0.25 or less credit for the summer internship.
- Not receiving any money from the employer or other funds from Northwestern.
- Has an internship secured by May 30.
Step 2: Attend an Information Session
- Thursday, February 26, 2015, 4:00pm-5:00pm, Northwestern Room, Norris Center
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 12:00pm-4:00pm, 630 Lincoln St. (drop-in hours)
- If you cannot attend either information session, please view our Virtual Information Session
Step 3: Application Process
- An Application Form and Financial Aid Authorization (After you fill out the application press the "Submit" button on the left hand side, rather than the "Save" button unless you want to save a draft and finish it later)
- One-page Professional Resume
- 3 Essay Questions/Responses
- Summer SIGP Budget: Fillable Excel Budget Template - Before uploading to application form, save document as PDF. The purpose of the budget document is to show the selection committee that you’ve thought through what living and internship expenses you might encounter during your summer.
**If you have technical issues with your application, please feel free to email email@example.com.