Skip to: Content
Skip to: Section Navigation
Skip to: Site Navigation
Skip to: Search

Graduate and Professional Student Room and Board

Graduate housing is available on both Evanston and Chicago campuses.

These apartments contain kitchens. In addition, graduate students on the Evanston campus may purchase a meal plan option through the Undergraduate Housing Office. (See nuCuisine for meal plan contract information) There is no meal plan available for Chicago campus students, but they may purchase food from the campus a la carte options.

Students are responsible for all off-campus housing arrangements. The Living Off Campus web site is a good place to start.

Housing options
  • Chicago campus: Abbott Hall apartments
  • Evanston campus: Engelhart Hall apartments and McManus Living-Learning Center apartments (for Kellogg School of Management students only)
Housing Charges
  • Housing rates are classified according to the facility and apartment size. See the facility's web site (above) for specific information.
  • Billing occurs on a term basis. Charges are billed to your student account at the beginning of each term.

    Students who receive a stipend check from the University can elect to have their campus housing payments deducted from these checks on a monthly basis over a nine- or 12-month period. See Stipend Payroll Deductions for more information.
  • Room reservation deposit of $300 is required for new and nonresident students who wish to reserve rooms in graduate student residences. It will be applied to your student account on the first bill in which you receive university housing.
  • Room cancellation fee of $300 may be charged to your student account when a housing contract is cancelled. Cancellation is subject to the approval of the Graduate Housing Office.
Meal Plan Information
  • Rates for Evanston campus meal plans are available at nuCusine Meal Plans. Charges are billed to your student account on the first bill of each quarter.
  • Your WildCARD is your meal ticket. The University ID card is coded with your meal plan information and must be presented to enter residence hall food services.

    Any WildCARD problems or replacements can be resolved at the WildCARD Office.
For more information
Kellogg School of Management provides additional housing information on their web site, Kellogg Housing Options.