NU Loan Applications for Academic Year 2014-15 are now open!
Loans and Services
Northwestern offers both need-based and non-need based student loans. Student must be enrolled as a full time student at Northwestern University. Northwestern's Student Loan Office also services some student loans after graduation and through repayment.
The following terms and conditions are rules the borrower must abide by when accepting the loan. It is important that you carefully read and understand this information. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the Student Loan Office.2014-15 Terms and Conditions
- NU Alternative Loan for Graduate and Professional Students (GPAL)
- Northwestern University Kellogg International Option A
- Northwestern University Kellogg International Option B
- NU Medical School – Unsubsidized
- Northwestern University Loans for Undergraduates
- NU Loan for International Undergraduates
- NU Loan for Graduate and Professional Students (SUPSL)
Loan Application Process
Walk through the steps to applying and receiving student loans.
In-school Borrower Obligations
Student borrowers must attend an exit interview before graduation. Parents who have NU Loans are required to make payments while their students are in school.
Mandatory entrance counseling for Stafford and Perkins loans is done online. Students can use CAESAR to apply for an NU Loan, view their award, and request a refund.
Student Loan Repayment
Learn about the loan billing and payment process, and avoid common payment problems.
Student loans can be confusing. This section provides the following information to help answer your questions:
- Glossary of Loan Terms
- Consolidation and Payment Assistance Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact your Student Loan representative
- The federal government has mandated that disclosure notices be provided for all private educational loans as it relates to the Truth -in-Lending Act for Regulation Z. For more information about the regulations, see the FDIC website @ : FDIC Law, Regulations, Related Acts - Consumer Protection
Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact the Student Loan Office at (847) 491-3126 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org