If your bill is unpaid at its due date you may incur a financial hold on your student account. All Evanston-based students may also incur a $200 late payment fee. Chicago-based students have varying late payment fees depending on their school.
Until all financial obligations are paid in full, the financial hold could cause:
- Registration to be cancelled or prevented
- Diplomas or transcripts to be held
- Enrollment or degrees to be unconfirmed
- You also are liable for any costs associated with collection of your unpaid bills, including, but not limited to, collection agency costs, court costs, and legal fees.
- $100 - School of Continuing Studies (undergraduate degree programs)
- $200 - All other Evanston-based schools and programs, Part-Time MBA, Physical Therapy, Prosthetics-Orthonics, School of Continuing Studies (graduate degree programs)
- $400 - Law School, School of Medicine M.D. Program
If the bank returns your payment for any reason, you will be assessed a $35 fee.
If the payment was made for a University charge, you may also be assessed a late payment fee and have your advance registration for the next quarter cancelled.