News & Announcements
Northwestern is constantly striving to make our community safer and more respectful. There are various units and groups around the University who work to accomplish this goal. Below you will find news and updates regarding this work.
"It’s on Us" Videos
View the Northwestern Athletics "It’s on Us" video and the undergraduate Associated Student Government (ASG) "It’s on Us" video in support of this national movement to help shift college campus culture around sexual assault.
News from 2015-2016
News from 2014-2015
- Statement by Northwestern University President and Provost Regarding Academic Freedom and Title IX (6.5.15)
- New Title IX investigator to help streamline sexual misconduct process (5.1.15)
- Updates on Sexual Misconduct Response and Prevention (4.3.15)
- Answers to questions from students following April 3, 2014 Title IX panel (4.3.15)
- Northwestern hires first full-time Title IX investigator (4.1.15)
- Update from President Schapiro on Northwestern’s Efforts to Prevent Violence and Sexual Harassment (10.30.14)
- Northwestern Awarded Grant for Sexual Assault Prevention (9.24.15)
News from 2013-2014
- Title IX Coordinating Committee Response to Online Petition and ASG Resolution (3.4.14)
- Statement by Alan K. Cubbage, Vice President for University Relations, About Northwestern University's Response to Student Title IX Complaint Filed in Court Last Week (2.21.14)
- Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Policies and Resources (10.1.13)
The Campus Coalition on Sexual Violence (CCSV) is charged by the Vice President of Student Affairs with assessing and improving campus policies, prevention programs and response services dealing with sexual assault, intimate partner violence and stalking. The CCSV annually publishes a list of recommendations to the VPSA for consideration. To get information about joining CCSV, and to view these reports, please visit the CARE website.