Northwestern courses are challenging. Finding support is one of the keys to success.
Click on the links below for academic support and tutoring, free of charge, in particular courses. And don't overlook the professor when you're seeking help. See Communicating Effectively with Faculty for tips.
Social Sciences, Humanities, and Writing
- The Academic Mentoring Program (AMP) offers mentored group study for Econ 201, Econ 202, Stat 210, Math 202, and Chem 101-2-3
- The History Writing Center offers writing help for students in any history course.
- The Writing Place offers consulting on writing projects for any member of the Northwestern community.
- Schaffner's Writing Place offers writing support on the Chicago campus for students in the School of Continuing Studies.
- NuWrite (Northwestern's online writing resource)
Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering
- The Academic Mentoring Program (AMP) offers mentored group study and course review for Econ 201, Econ 202, Stat 210, Math 202, and Chem 101-2-3
- The Gateway Science Workshop (GSW) program offers mentored group problem-solving for Bio 215-16-17-18, Chem 101-2-3, Chem 210 (Organic Chemistry), Physics 130 and 135, Engineering Analysis 1 through 4, and Math 212, 213, 214, 220, 224, and 230
- The Chemistry, Math, and Physics Resource Room offers drop-in tutoring for students in General Chemistry, Calculus, and Introductory Physics courses.
- The Department of Chemistry offers TA tutoring throughout the week for General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. Please contact the department for hours.
- The Undergraduate Chemistry Council offers tutoring in General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
- The Department of Physics & Astronomy offers TA tutoring throughout the week each quarter for Physics 130 and 135. Please check with the department for days and times.
- The Mathematics Department offers Pooled Calculus Office Hours for all students enrolled in calculus courses.
- Tech Tutoring offers tutoring in Calculus, General Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering subjects for first- and second-year engineering students.
- Math Place offers tutoring on the Chicago campus for students enrolled in the School of Continuing Studies, or other Northwestern math courses.