AMP: Information for Mentors
- Attend required trainings and staff meetings.
- Meet with their groups one hour weekly (times are based on mentor’s availability).
- Provide attendance and progress reports to the AMP staff.
- Promote an environment in their groups that supports learning and encourages free exchange of questions and ideas.
- Promote an inclusive learning environment – one in which all students, regardless of their academic background or personal characteristics, can flourish.
- Assist students with the development of study skills necessary for academic success.
- Help foster motivation and positive attitudes toward learning and studying.
Mentoring is an excellent opportunity to…
- gain leadership experience,
- help other students become more effective learners and succeed in the course,
- sharpen your own academic and communication skills,
- and enjoy yourself while doing academic work!