The Gateway Science Workshop (GSW) is a peer-led program designed to help you successfully complete and comprehend course material in chemistry, biology, math, physics, and engineering.
Students in GSW:
- Meet once a week in small groups of five to seven students.
- Tackle challenging, interesting, conceptual problems that are relevant to course curricula.
- Meet in groups with undergraduate peer mentors who previously excelled in the course.
Faculty who teach GSW courses provide worksheet problems for the approximately 100 workshops offered every quarter.
Students are not graded on performance in the workshop, though they receive a zero-credit notation on their transcripts.
GSW is offered to all students enrolled in the following courses:
- Biology 215, 216, 217, 218
- Chemistry 101, 102, 103
- Chemistry 210-1, 210-2, 210-3 (Organic Chemistry)
- Physics 130 and 135
- Engineering Analysis 1, 2, 3, 4
- Math 212, 213, 214, 220, 224, 230
GSW registration opens the first day of each quarter. Students enrolled in the above courses will be contacted in the first week of class. Information is also posted on course Blackboard sites. Workshops begin the second week of each quarter (excluding summer).
Space is limited. Please register early.
Have questions or want more information? Contact us at email@example.com.