The Searle Fellows Program aims to help early career faculty develop expertise and knowledge to critically assess and solve problems in their courses.
Participants design innovative approaches to teaching to advance their students' learning. Over the course of a year, fellows are expected to:
- Attend a required series of events. View a list of 2014-2015 events.
- Develop an inquiry-based project related to their teaching. Review the project guidelines.
- Work with a senior faculty mentor. See mentoring expectations.
- Consult with Searle Center staff to develop their projects.
- View schedule of events for upcoming cohort 2015-2016.
View the current and past fellows page for a list of all participants and mentors.
Department chairs nominate early career, tenure-line faculty for their potential to contribute to teaching and scholarship at Northwestern. Faculty from Feinberg School of Medicine and other professional schools may be waived the tenure-line requirement. Fellows must be able to attend all scheduled events.