Coverage Selection Form
Students must fill out the coverage selection form found on CAESAR to enroll in Student Health Insurance.
- Login to your CAESAR account using your Northwestern University Net ID.
- From the Enterprise Menu on the left, select For Students ==> Health Coverage Plan, then complete and submit.
- If you are unable to access the documents using this step try: For Applicants ==> Health Coverage Plan.
- Once you have submitted your Web-based Coverage Selection Form, you should receive a confirmation for your record via email. After October 1, 2013, students registered for fall quarter will not be able to complete the web-based Coverage Selection Form. Only new entering students for the Winter and Spring Quarters can go online to complete a Coverage Selection Form during open enrollment each quarter. Summer Quarter students must complete and submit a hard copy of the form.
NOTE: Please refer to the corresponding section below if you are:
- Enrolled in the physical therapy/prosthetics or physician assistant program new in summer quarter
- Part time in the School of Continuing Studies
- An incoming international student
- And early arrival student, with an academic year beginning before Sept. 1.
Failure to complete the online Coverage Selection Form (pdf) will result in automatic enrollment in the NU Plan. Once your student account has been charged for the insurance, you will not be able to cancel the plan until the following academic year.
part-time application (pdf). After completing the application, these students must submit payment by check to the Insurance Office. Garrett and Seabury students must enroll through their school administrator.
early arrival application (pdf). In addition, students who arrive early must also complete the web-based Coverage Selection Form (see top of page) by the indicated due date to either enroll in or waive out of the Aetna Student Health Plan effective September 1, 2013.