If You Experience Sexual Assault
If you are a survivor of sexual violence, including sexual assault, stalking, and dating and domestic violence, you have rights and you have options. Title IX and Northwestern offices exist to help you get the support you need. Whether you are a student, faculty, or staff member, you have the right to file a complaint through the university and/or to explore other options. Please click the appropriate link below to learn more.
Quick Resource Sheets For:
What is Title IX?
Although Title IX is commonly associated with sex-based discrimination in athletics, the law is much broader. Read more on the What is Title IX? page.
Northwestern University’s Title IX and Non-Retaliation Statements
Review Northwestern’s Statements on Title IX and Non-Retaliation.
Title IX Coordinators
Northwestern has designated a Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinators who oversee the University’s compliance with Title IX. If you have a complaint involving sexual assault, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, stalking, or dating and domestic violence, or if you have questions about Northwestern’s policies or procedures in these areas, contact one of the individuals listed on the Title IX Coordinators page.
How to File a Title IX Complaint
Northwestern University promptly and thoroughly investigates and resolves complaints alleging sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence, including sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, and domestic violence. See How to File a Title IX Complaint page for a comprehensive overview of the Title IX complaint process and the different avenues available for resolution.
- Northwestern’s Policy on Sexual Misconduct, Stalking, and Dating and Domestic Violence
- Northwestern’s Policy on Discrimination and Harassment
- Northwestern’s Policy on Sexual Harassment
- Northwestern Student Code of Conduct (Sections 15i and 15j)
- The Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution
- Where to Get Advice and Help
Additional Resources & Information
- Confidential Counselors
- Related University Offices, Services, and Committees
- Title IX Training
- For Northwestern's equity in athletics data, as well as that of other institutions, access the U.S. Department of Education's website.