How to File a Title IX Complaint

Please call or email one of Northwestern’s Title IX Coordinators to set up an informal meeting if you have a complaint involving sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual violence. You can also find out answers to many common questions by visiting their office websites, or you can call for general information.

Please Note:  Title IX Coordinators are not a confidential source of support. While they will address your complaint with sensitivity and will keep your information as private as possible, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. For confidential resources, please contact a Confidential Counselor.             

Title IX Complaint Resolution Process

Northwestern University promptly and thoroughly investigates and resolves complaints alleging sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence. Click on the appropriate link below to learn more about the complaint investigation and resolution process.

Complaints of Student-on-Student Sexual Violence: The Sexual Assault Hearing and Appeals System (SAHAS) is the campus student disciplinary process that addresses claims of student-on-student sexual assault at Northwestern. For an overview of the SAHAS process, a SAHAS complaint form, and additional information, please see the Sexual Assault Hearing & Appeals System webpage.

Complaints of Student-on-Student Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment: Students’ claims of sex discrimination or sexual harassment against other students are investigated and resolved by the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution. Click here to learn more about the procedures used to address claims alleging misconduct by students against students. See the Student Conduct: Rules and Procedures webpage for more information.

Complaints of Sex Discrimination: Learn more about the complaint resolution process for all complaints of sex discrimination except student-on-student claims on the Discrimination & Harassment Complaints page of the Human Resources website.

Complaints of Sexual Harassment or Sexual Violence: Learn more about the complaint resolution process for all sexual harassment and sexual violence complaints except student-on-student claims on the Sexual Harassment Prevention Office website.