Career and Life Resources
The Office of the Provost is dedicated to making sure that faculty members have the information and resources they need to acclimate to life at Northwestern and succeed in their careers. If you are not able to find the information you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guide for New Faculty: A central resource of onboarding information for new faculty.
- Faculty Housing Forum: Post a listing or search available housing rentals near the Evanston and Chicago campuses. These listings are intended for Northwestern faculty members (prospective, current, or visiting) and staff members.
- Dependent Care Travel Grant Program: Northwestern University offers tenure track and tenured faculty a taxable grant for qualified short-term dependent care expenses incurred when traveling to attend professional meetings, conferences, workshops and professional development opportunities.
- Faculty Family Leave Policy
- The Work/Life Resources Division, maintained by the University’s Office of Human Resources, provides a variety of programs, services, and consultation opportunities to help you balance all of your work and personal obligations.
- The Greater Chicago Midwest Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (GCM HERC) has a particular focus on assisting dual-career couples find employment in higher education. They maintain a web-based search engine that includes listings for faculty and staff positions at all member institutions.