Teaching and Curriculum Awards Committee
The University Teaching Awards Selection Committee meets in the spring to select individual faculty members who have:
- demonstrated outstanding performance in classroom teaching,
- developed significant innovations that have also influenced the methods and teaching effectiveness of other faculty, and
- demonstrated evidence of significant curricular enhancement to undergraduate education.
Recipients of these University Teaching Awards, the prestigious University-wide teaching award, are honored in a ceremony held in late spring quarter.
Current selection committee members may review the nominations on the secure committee site.
2015 Committee Members
- Ronald Braeutigam, Committee Chair and Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Daniel Linzer, Provost
- Martina Bode, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Mathematics
- David Meyer, Professor, Physics and Astronomy
- Michael Peshkin, Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Anna Rennich, Academic Vice President, ASG
- Julia Stern, Professor, English
- Charles Yarnoff, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, The Writing Program