University Teaching Awards Committee
Following a call for nominations to the undergraduate deans, the University Teaching Awards Selection Committee meets in the spring to select individual faculty members who have consistently:
- demonstrated outstanding performance in classroom teaching,
- developed significant innovations that have also influenced the methods and teaching effectiveness of other faculty, and
- demonstrated evidence of significant curricular enhancement to undergraduate education.
Recipients of these University Teaching Awards, the prestigious University-wide teaching award, are honored in a ceremony held in late spring quarter.
Current selection committee members may review the nominations on the secure committee site.
2014 Committee Members
- Ronald Braeutigam, Committee Chair and Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Daniel Linzer, Provost
- Bruce Ankenman, Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences
- Martina Bode, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Mathematics
- Dee Hanlon, President,The Alumnae of Northwestern University
- Sofia Sami, Academic Vice President, ASG
- David Tolchinsky, Professor and Chair, Radio, Television & Film
- Charles Yarnoff, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, The Writing Program