Teaching and Curriculum Awards Committee
The University Teaching Awards Selection Committee meets in the spring to select individual faculty members who have:
- demonstrated outstanding performance in classroom teaching,
- developed significant innovations that have also influenced the methods and teaching effectiveness of other faculty, and
- demonstrated evidence of significant curricular enhancement to undergraduate education.
Recipients of these University Teaching Awards, the prestigious University-wide teaching award, are honored in a ceremony held in late spring quarter.
Current selection committee members may review the nominations on the secure committee site.
2017 Committee Members
- Daniel Linzer, Committee Chair and Provost
- Ronald Breautigam, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Dee Hanlon, President Emeritus, The Alumnae of Northwestern University
- Michael Peshkin, Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- David Rapp, Professor, Psychology
- Julia Stern, Professor, English
- David Tolchinsky, Professor of Radio, Television, and Film
- Ashley Wood, VP of Academics, Associated Student Government
- Charles Yarnoff, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, The Writing Program