Lab Gases & Dry IceDry/Wet Ice, Laboratory Gases, Liquid Nitrogen and Gas Tank regulators and valves are available through Procurement and Payment Services:
- View a list of all available products, quantities and pricing.
- Most deliveries are made within 24 hours, while specialty gases and products may take longer.
- Gas that is delivered by this service can be analyzed, or certified, for exact proportions. If analysis or certification is necessary, inform us when you place your order; otherwise, non-certified gas will be delivered.
- If there is a product or specialty gas that you do not see on the list or have any questions, email email@example.com or call 312-503-8828.
Lab Gas Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available on the Airgas website.
Gas cylinders incur a monthly rental charge while placed in your lab:
- Standard sized cylinders are $4.00 per month
- Large nitrogen cylinders are $27.00 per month
Monitoring Tank Locations
Laboratory Services monitors the quantities and locations of all gas cylinders supplied through this program. When required, our staff must move all tanks so that their location and quantity can be tracked for departments, which occasionally audit the tanks that they are renting.
Therefore, do not move any tanks (empty or full) without contacting Laboratory Services.
Gas that is delivered by this service can be analyzed, or certified, for exact proportions. If analysis or certification is necessary, inform us when you place your order; otherwise, non-certified gas will be delivered.
- Increases research safety by tracking the quantity and location of gases, which can be toxic, poisonous or hazardous.
- Saves departments time and money by handling all vendor negotiations, paying consolidated invoices and charging back the costs to departments.
- Tracks tank usage and recommends replacement or removal, which keeps labs safe from the hazards that can be caused when staff is unaware of tank contents.
Procurement and Payment Services offers a self-service program for obtaining dry ice pellets for both Evanston (Technological Institute receiving dock) and Chicago (Tarry Research & Education Building receiving dock). Customers should bring a container and their chart string, then fill out the order form that is always on the computer screens at both locations. There are scales available to weigh the dry ice. In addition to the self-service dry ice program there are also, on the Chicago campus, standing orders of 50 lb. cakes (7 slabs in a cake) delivered every Monday and Wednesday morning.
Contact Eric Middleton (x 3-8828) if you would like to be placed on a standing order or if you have any questions.
Contact Lab Services
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-503-8828.
Do you have feedback for Lab Gas Services? Let us know what you think on our Online Comment Card.Back to top