AlcoholEdu: Summer Online TND
Required for all incoming students (freshmen and transfer students)
As members of the Northwestern community we share a responsibility for promoting healthy behaviors that minimize harm to our self and others, foster an environment in which we can all live and learn, and support every community members’ health and well-being. Alcohol misuse can get in the way of this responsibility. Northwestern University is mindful in making sure that drinking –your own or somebody else’s –does not interfere with anyone’s health, safety, academic success, and ability to thrive.
To build a healthy knowledgeable community, we require ALL first-year and transfer students – whether they choose to consume alcohol or not –to complete AlcoholEdu for College. This experience will provide you with harm reduction strategies and help you make a plan for how – or if – alcohol will play a role during your time at Northwestern.
You are expected to complete Part 1 of the course, which takes approximately 2 hours, by September 5, 2016. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to receive credit for the course. About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2, which takes approximately 15 minutes.
Access to AlcoholEdu for College opens on August 15th and is available until September 5th
Failure to complete AlcoholEdu for College will result in a registration hold being placed on your student account, which will prevent you from registering for classes.
Please read the instructions carefully to learn how to access and earn credit for completing the program.
To access and begin AlcoholEdu for College:
You will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities.
- Go to www.everfi.com/register on or after August 15, 2016.
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID: c147767a
- Click “I’m A Student”
- On the registration page, you will create your AlcoholEdu account using:
- Your correctly spelled @u.northwestern.edu email address; DO NOT use a personal email
- A password of your choice
- Select the correct group you belong to: “First Year” or “Transfer”
- Your 7-digit Student ID number (ex. 1234567); NOT your NetID (ex. abc123)
Note: If you have forgotten/do not know your Student ID number, log into CAESAR, and click "View my Student ID" on the left hand side. If you do not enter your 7-digit Student ID number accurately, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
- Should you not be able to complete the course in one session, you may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter your NU email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
*Help for Technical Difficulties*
Should you experience ANY difficulties or require support when accessing the program, the AlcoholEdu Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.