City of Evanston Forms, Permits and Applications

Residential and One-Day Parking Permits

There are 25 different Residential Parking Districts established in areas where there is high demand for on-street parking or a need to reduce commuter parking in residential areas. Only residents who live within a specific residential area can purchase residential parking permits. Residents must display a current parking sticker in these districts. If people from out of town visit, they can purchase a One-Day Visitor Permit from the City.

Vehicle Stickers

City of Evanston Code 10-8-1 requires that all vehicles registered to an Evanston address must pay an annual wheel tax and properly display a valid City vehicle sticker.

House, Apartment, Garage, & Yard Sale Application

House, apartment, garage or yard sales are permitted only in residential zoning districts (R1R6). Residents may have up to three (3) such sales within a 12 month period. [Zoning Ordinance: 6483(A)1]

Block Party Application

The allowable dates for block parties in Evanston are May 1st through September 30th.

Fire Ring Permits

Alarm Permit

If you have a burglar or fire alarm system, the City of Evanston requires the purchase of an Alarm Permit that must be renewed annually.

Pet-Related Forms

  • Pet License--By City Ordinance, all dogs and cats are required to have pet licenses.
  • Pooch Park Application--Pooch Park is a 2.7 acre park that is an off-leash fenced dog recreational facility jointly operated by the City of Evanston and Skokie Park District.
  • Dog Beach Information Packet--Includes rules and policies; Dog Beach Pass application; and a veternarian form.