City of Evanston Forms, Permits and Applications
Residential and One-Day Parking Permits
There are 25 different Residential Parking Districts established in areas where there is high demand for on-street parking or a need to reduce commuter parking in residential areas. Only residents who live within a specific residential area can purchase residential parking permits. Residents must display a current parking sticker in these districts. If people from out of town visit, they can purchase a One-Day Visitor Permit from the City.
City of Evanston Code 10-8-1 requires that all vehicles registered to an Evanston address must pay an annual wheel tax and properly display a valid City vehicle sticker.
House, Apartment, Garage, & Yard Sale Application
House, apartment, garage or yard sales are permitted only in residential zoning districts (R1R6). Residents may have up to three (3) such sales within a 12 month period. [Zoning Ordinance: 6483(A)1]
Block Party Application
The allowable dates for block parties in Evanston are May 1st through September 30th.
Fire Ring Permits
- Lakefront Cement Fire Ring Permit--The Cement Fire Ring is located at the Lakefront area next to the Evanston Art Center.
- Northwestern Bonfire Ring Permit--This bonfire ring is for the use of the Northwestern University students and faculty only.
If you have a burglar or fire alarm system, the City of Evanston requires the purchase of an Alarm Permit that must be renewed annually.
- Pet License--By City Ordinance, all dogs and cats are required to have pet licenses.
- Pooch Park Application--Pooch Park is a 2.7 acre park that is an off-leash fenced dog recreational facility jointly operated by the City of Evanston and Skokie Park District.
- Dog Beach Information Packet--Includes rules and policies; Dog Beach Pass application; and a veternarian form.