Northwestern University Office of the Provost and the Division of Student Affairs proudly sponsor this year's SummerFest, an engaging event that not only provides information on summer programs, fellowships, summer classes, internships and research, but also helps to prepare Northwestern students for application to competitive programs through resume reviews and internship search advice by Northwestern Career Services Staff.
Audience: Northwestern Undergraduates (especially Freshmen and Sophomores
Dress Code: Dress as you would for class
Reasons to Attend:
Northwestern University staff and faculty want you, the Northwestern student, to have interesting and meaningful experiences over the summer which support your academic and extra-curricular experiences. This event will help you learn about some of the unique opportunities available to Northwestern students and also allow you to meet with University Career Services and other Career Services staff who specialize in helping with resumes, cover letters and employment on/off campus.
What to Bring:
- An open mind to explore all the possibilities for the upcoming summer
- A resume (if you plan to have it reviewed at the event)
- Questions about what to do this summer and how to make the most of that time during college
What can I accomplish at SummerFest?
- Learn about meaningful summer experiences offered by Northwestern University
- Start planning for any applications
- Find out if you can earn degree credit
- Meet the people at NU who can help you
- Have your resume reviewed from 12:00pm-4:00pm in the Norris, Northwestern Room by NU career services professionals
Who will be there?
- Advisers representing over 20 offices and programs- See a list of participating offices, programs and groups here.
- Students sharing insights from recent summer experiences
- University Career Services offering advice on internship searches, resumes & cover letters
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org