NUSAC solicits applications for membership annually beginning in March. NUSAC accepts applications all year round, but applications may be held for later vacancies if submitted after that year's deadline. Interviews and selection of new members occur in May of each year.
The Application Process
Employees interested in becoming members of NUSAC must submit a completed application. An online survey collects your data and responses and automatically generates a report to NUSAC’s Secretary. Be sure to click “Submit” to send your application information. You do not need to email or mail the file.
Applications are reviewed by current Council members and finalists are interviewed by the Council. Recommendations are forwarded to President Schapiro, who appoints new members. Complete applications are due by March 31, 2015. At the close of the application period, all applicants will receive a notification email regarding next steps.
The application period is not open, please check back on March 1, 2014.
NUSAC members include a diverse set of staff selected from each campus, various schools and areas, and exempt and non-exempt roles. There are 25 members on NUSAC who bring their experience and talent to improve the work environment for all staff.
- Join a diverse staff volunteer group focused on promoting a positive work environment.
- Help communicate staff concerns and feedback to the attention of the University administrators.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about the University’s current issues and strategic plan.
- Increase your networking connections throughout the university.
- Applicants must be a regular full- or part-time staff member with at least two years of continuous service at the university.
- Supervisor approval. Applicants and members must have an agreement with their supervisors that some of their work time will be spent attending NUSAC meetings, participating in NUSAC-related events, and working on projects on behalf of NUSAC
Membership Responsibilities & Time Commitment:
- Commit to serving a three-year membership term.
- Be willing to work as part of a team.
- Be available to attend monthly General Council meetings (alternating between the Chicago and Evanston campuses;approximately 2.5 hours/month, plus travel time to meetings).
- Be available to attend additional monthly meetings for one of four standing committees (Benefits,Human Resources, Outreach, and Communications; (approximately 2 hours/month,plus travel time).
- All Council members are expected to attend (whenever possible) the NUSAC brown bag events on their home campus (approximately 2 hours/quarter).
- Other work time may be needed to assist with research, publications, articles, communications, or attend other related meetings.
- Other meetings or conference calls may arise during the year as needed (approximately 2 hours/month).
For more information, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.