Open Enrollment for 2012 Begins
Faculty and staff asked to review and update benefit plan selections for next yearOctober 24, 2011 | by Judy Moore
EVANSTON, Ill. --- Open Enrollment for 2012 begins at 9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 24 and ends at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11. Be sure to review current benefit selections that go into effect as of Jan. 1, 2012. Highlights are:
• HMO Illinois now has salary tiers, consistent with PPO Plans.
• Dearborn National is Northwestern’s new PPO dental insurance carrier, with preventive care covered at 100 percent.
• Life insurance plans are now administered by Dearborn National.
• Supplemental life insurance maximum has risen to $2 million, and eligible employees with a current coverage of 1 or 2 times their salary can increase their coverage by one level up to $1 million without completing Evidence of Insurability.
• Child life insurance cap is $25,000, available in $5,000 increments.
• Northwestern is piloting a new portable tuition plan that reimburses employees up to $2,500 per year for the cost of work-related courses taken at another university or college. One year of benefits-eligible service and full-time employment status at the start of the term are required, as are proof of tuition payment and passing grades. Full details will be announced soon.
Open Enrollment is the one time each year employees can review their current benefit selections, verify dependent information and enrollment, and make choices that will fit their benefit needs in the upcoming year.
Re-enrollment is required to continue contributing to any Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA).
Questions related to Open Enrollment 2012 should be directed to the Benefits Division at (847) 491-7513 or email email@example.com.
To view the complete Open Enrollment 2012 guide, visit the Benefits Division website at www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/ and click the link in the “Update” section.
To make selections, go to the FASIS Self-Service website at https://nuhr.northwestern.edu, sign in with your NetID and password and choose the Open Enrollment link from the main menu to access eBenefits.