Committee Named for Museum Search
Faculty, staff, students, alumni join search committee for next director of the Block Museum of ArtApril 4, 2011
A search committee has been named to identify candidates for the next director of the Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art, Daniel Linzer, Northwestern University Provost, has announced. David Alan Robertson, The Ellen Philips Katz Director of the Block Museum, will be stepping down from his position at the end of 2011.
The committee will be chaired by Jean Shedd, associate provost, and will also be comprised of the following individuals:
- Jesús Escobar – Associate professor and department chair, Art History, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Katherine T. Faber – Walter P. Murphy Professor, materials science and engineering, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Helen Hilken - Director of development for Block Museum of Art, Office of Alumni Relations and Development
- Sarah Pritchard -Dean of Libraries and Charles Deering McCormick University Librarian
- Lane Relyea - Associate professor and incoming department chair, Art Theory & Practice, Weinberg
- Elisabeth Rivard – Junior, Weinberg
- Christine O. Robb – incoming chair, Block Museum Advisory Board; alumna
- Dan Silverstein - Manager of exhibitions and facilities, Block Museum of Art
- Jacqueline M. Stewart – Associate professor, radio/television/film, School of Communication; and African American Studies, Weinberg
Marianna Kepka, Director, Academic Administration, Office of the Provost, will serve as staff to the committee. The committee will begin meeting in early April and will reach out to various constituents across campus for input into the search and the desired qualities for the next director of the Block. It will also hire a professional search firm to support its efforts.
The committee hopes to announce a successor during Fall quarter 2011.