Search Committee Named for Student Affairs VP
New vice president will succeed William BanisMay 20, 2010
The Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) oversees the student affairs enterprise at Northwestern including Counseling and Psychological Services, Health Services, Multicultural Student Affairs, Norris University Center and Food Services, University Career Services, University Chaplain, University Housing, and University Residential Life.
The committee will be chaired by Ronald Braeutigam, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, Harvey Kapnick Professor of Economics, and will also be comprised of the following individuals:
- Bradley Akubuiro, Class of 2011, Medill School of Journalism, Coordinator for Northwestern Ambassadors Program
- Michael Beadle, Class of 2011, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science, President, Interfraternity Council
- Stephen Carr, Associate Dean, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Jack Doppelt, Professor, Medill School of Journalism
- Sally Ewing, Assistant Dean for Advising and Student Affairs, School of Communication
- Simon Greenwold, Senior Associate Dean, The Graduate School
- Burgie Howard, Dean of Students
- Claire Lew, Class of 2011, School of Education and Social Policy, President, Associated Student Government
- Dan Lewis, Professor of Human Development and Social Policy, School of Education and Social Policy
- Toni-Marie Montgomery, Dean, Bienen School of Music
- Jim Phillips, Director of University Athletics
- Indira Raman, Associate Professor of Neurobiology & Physiology, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Patrick Ryan, PhD student, President, Graduate Student Association
- Sandy Sanguino, Associate Dean for Student Programs and Career Development, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Cathy Stembridge, Associate Vice President for Alumni Relations & Development, Executive Director of the Northwestern Alumni Association
The committee will begin its work immediately and will work closely with the Northwestern community through the spring, summer and early fall to solicit input on the desired attributes of the new Vice President from a broad range of constituent groups. The community's input will be important in crafting the vision for the future of student affairs at Northwestern.
All members of the Northwestern community are invited to participate in an open forum on June 2, from 3:30pm to 4:30pm in the McCormick-Tribune Forum, 1870 Campus Drive.
In addition, the committee encourages all members of the community to visit the Search Committee website consider the questions the committee has put forward, and share their thoughts regarding the next Vice President for Student Affairs through a confidential email set up for the committee's work: email@example.com.The new Vice President will succeed William Banis, who announced earlier this spring that he would retire no later than August 2011.