EVANSTON, Ill. --- University Services has made changes to shuttle routes, based primarily on feedback from faculty, staff, student, City of Evanston and local residents. These changes are now in effect.
- The northbound Chicago/Davis and Chicago/Main stops will be moved to the north side of their respective intersections in an effort to decrease traffic congestion.
- A stop has been added at Chicago/Greenleaf near the Jewel and Whole Foods stores so students can shop throughout the week.
- The Engelhart Hall stop will be reinstated and the route changed slightly now that the Evanston sewer project is nearly complete.
- The Ridge/Garnett and Noyes/Sherman stops have been removed from the route.
- The Ryan Field route will now run in only one direction throughout the day, all stops from the "Ryan Field AM" route are discontinued.
- New stops include: Green Bay/Harrison (west side of Green Bay Road near the Central Street Metra station); the southwest corner of Emerson/Maple; and the Elgin/Clark/Orrington intersection in front of Burger King.
- The Clark/Chicago stop will be removed.
- The price of a 10-ride pass on the Chicago train shuttle has been increased to $15. The price of the monthly pass will remain unchanged at $35.
Topics: University News