The Human Resources Consulting and Staffing Services Division has created on-campus temporary staffing centers in Evanston and Chicago.
The centers, which opened June 26, will meet the growing demand for temporary workers from departments across the University and enable the University to implement a formalized program to manage temporary staffing needs.
The primary mission of the Temporary Staffing Center is to deliver a customized temporary staffing program. This program focuses on supplying quality entry to high level administrative and financial support temporary employees.
Human Resources partnered with Advanced Resources to co-mange the centers. Advanced Resources has been one of the University's leading staffing suppliers on both campuses for the past three years.
Advanced Resources was selected following an extensive competitive bidding and negotiation process, for which vendors currently providing temporary services on campus were invited to submit their proposals. Advanced was determined to be the vendor that represented the best value to the University as determined by an evaluation committee, consisting of Human Resources staff, representatives from various schools and the budget and purchasing departments.
Benefits that will be realized by the University and its managers include:
Benefits to the University
• Better control and reduced spending with multiple temporary staffing agencies
• Compliance with 1,000-hour ERISA law
• Reduced liability with implementation of assessment and background check procedures where appropriate
Benefits to the Managers
• On-site Staffing Consultants dedicated to recruiting, interviewing, testing, orienting, and assigning of temporary employees
• Accessible pool of qualified temporary and temporary-to hire employees
• Temporary to hire conversion fees eliminated
• Established quality service standards and consistent operational procedures
• Customized user guide
• Immediate cost savings on hourly rates
The temporaries will be University employees and will reside on Northwestern's Payroll.
For more information about the temporary staffing centers, contact Staffing Manager Daphne Smith at (312) 503-0013 or Staffing Consultants Alexis Wisniewski at (312) 503-1234 in Chicago and London Wortham at (847) 491-8575 in Evanston.