Northwestern in the News
See who's reporting on Northwestern University.
Victor Goines is revered as a first-rate clarinetist-saxophonist. A standing-room-only crowd at Northwestern University's Pick-Staiger Concert Hall, in Evanston, learned of his prowess as composer. For Goines led the Northwestern University Jazz Orchestra -- augmented by alums and Chicago professionals -- in an ambitious, evening-length traversal of his own music. Two extensive Goines suites, each designed to evoke a particular time and place in American culture, made this concert a test for all involved.
Links point to the external media outlet that produced this story featuring Northwestern.
- Computer Program Can Identify Classic MoviesSydney Morning Herald
- Having a Food Allergy Costs More for the Poorest KidsLos Angeles Times
- During Conception, Human Eggs Emit SparksU.S. News & World Report
- Goettsch Sound Designs New Music SchoolArchitect's Newspaper
- NU-Q Event Welcomes Its ‘Strongest Academic Class’Gulf Times
- The Homeless Encampments of ChicagoChicago Tribune
- The “Chicago Model” of Policing Hasn’t Saved ChicagoThe Marshall Project
- Opening More Doors to Community College StudentsChicago Tribune
- Scientists Restore Fertility in Mice With 3D-Printed OvaryForbes
- Northwestern Launches Two Venture FundsCrain's Chicago Business
- A Racist Stereotype Is ShatteredSalon
- Apple Changes Siri's Response to 'I Was Raped'Chicago Tribune
- Vitamin D Levels Linked to Prostate CancerChicago Sun-Times
- Chicago Exhibit Reveres Avant Garde's Renegade CellistThe Guardian