Advertise with Us
200,000 Northwestern, the quarterly alumni magazine of Northwestern University, circulates to all undergraduate, graduate and professional school alumni; faculty and staff; and parents of undergraduate students.
AD FORMATS AND RATES
Full-page (9" x 10 7/8")
Half-page (8" x 4 1/2")
Quarter-page (4 3/4" x 5 1/4")
Agency commission: 15% to all recognized agencies; space only.
Page spread discount: 10% for full facing pages.
Cover premiums: Cover 2: not available; Cover 3: 10%; Cover 4: 25%.
Frequency discounts: Four insertions, 20%.
Bleeds: No charge; bleeds apply only to full-page ads.
No supplied inserts accepted.
|Publication date||Sept. 1||Dec. 1||March 1||June 1|
|Insertion order||June 1||Sept. 1||Dec. 1||March 1|
|Camera-ready art||June 15||Sept. 15||Dec. 15||March 15|
* Ad cancellations must be received in writing by the art deadline or a 10% penalty fee will be charged.
Trim size: 9 x 10 7/8 inches. Keep live materials 3/8 inch from trim size on all sides. For full-page ad, add 1/4-inch bleed on all sides.
Accepted materials: Electronic file on CD or DVD or print quality PDF file. Adobe CS applications are preferred software. All disks should be accompanied by full-size color lasers. Include all high-res (300 dpi) images and all fonts.
There is a production charge for all typesetting, layout and design work done for advertisers by Northwestern. All advertising material to be returned must carry instructions for return.
Standards of Advertising Acceptability
The Publisher expects that all claims, guarantees or representations made by advertisers regarding performance, quality and other characteristics of products or services can be substantiated.
Contract and Copy Regulations
- Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the advertiser and its agency have the right to publish the contents thereof. In consideration of such publication, the advertiser and its agency agree to indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless against any expense or loss by reason of any claims arising out of publication.
- All contents of advertisements are subject to the Publisher's approval. The Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement, insertion order, space reservation or position commitment at any time and for any reason.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher except where a request for a specific preferred position is acknowledged by the Publisher in writing.
- All insertion orders are accepted subject to provisions of the current rate card. Rates are subject to change upon notice of at least 60 days from the Publisher. Should a change in rates be made, space reserved may be canceled by the advertiser or its agency at the time the change becomes effective without incurring short-rate charges, provided the advertisements published to the date of cancellation are consistent with the appropriate frequency rate.
- Conditions other than rates are subject to change by the Publisher without notice.
- No conditions other than those set forth in this rate card shall be binding on the Publisher unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Publisher. The Publisher will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on order blanks or copy instructions that conflict with provisions of this rate card.
- The Publisher shall have no liability for errors in key numbers.
- The Publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement.
- Mechanical production charges incurred on behalf of the advertiser or its agency in the preparation of advertising material will be rebilled at net cost.
- The Publisher shall have the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies as are due and payable to the Publisher for advertising ordered by the advertiser or its agent and for which advertising was published.
Andrew Sohn, advertising representative
2701 Noyes Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Send electronic files/camera ready art to:
Christina Senese, art director
2020 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60208-4340
Phone: 847-467-6942 Fax: 847-491-3040