Take a virtual tour of Northwestern architecture from past to present.


Selected Photos - Click for a larger image
The Evanston lakefront in 1890   Old College, circa 1874   The Lunt Library, constructed in 1894
Fisk Hall, designed by Daniel Burnham and completed in 1899   Annie May Swift Hall, completed in 1895   Swift Hall, built in 1909


The old Patten Gymnasium in the 1920s   The Deering Library, which opened in 1933   Aerial view of the campus in 1907, with the Northwestern Life-Saving Station in the lower right portion of the photo


A recent view of the cooling pond, better known as the lagoon, at the center of the lakefill campus, which was dedicated in 1964   The Dearborn Observatory, built in 1889   Annenberg Hall, which opened in 1994


The University Library   The lakefill campus today   The Tremont House Hotel


The Ward Building   Abbott Hall in the early 1940s   Levy Mayer courtyard