Information for Returning Students
The residence halls open at 9 a.m. on Monday, September 24, 2012. You may arrive beginning Monday at 9 a.m. Check in is available during the following dates and times:
- Sign up for your move in time for returning students (Google Form)
NOTE: DO NOT use this link if you are a new first year or new transfer student moving in prior to September 24, 2012
- Need a hand moving in? Purple Posse move in volunteers will be available to assist you with move in on Monday, September 24 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Be sure to sign up for a move in time (using the link above) so that your Area Coordinator can email you with move in instructions specific to your move in time. Check in will generally occur in the lobby of your building, a larger building nearby, or by calling a staff member on duty.
- No unloading permit will be required for returning student move in. We do ask that you move your car away from your building once you have finished unloading so that other students may unload. Early move in options are not generally available.
Check In Locations
Check in on September 24 will occur at the following locations. If you arrive after the 24th, check in may be consolidated and completed by contacting the CA on Duty for your building. The number will be posted at the main entrance of your building.
|Building||Check in Location|
|1835 Hinman||1835 Hinman Lobby|
|1856 Orrington||Willard Lounge|
|2303 Sheridan||Kemper Lounge|
|626 Emerson (PMA)||Willard Lounge|
|720 Emerson (SAI)||Willard Lounge|
|East Fairchild||1835 Hinman Lobby|
|Elder||Elder 1st Floor Lounge|
|Foster Walker||Foster Walker Lobby|
|Goodrich House||Kemper Lounge|
|Hobart House||Willard Lounge|
|Jones||1835 Hinman Lobby|
|Lindgren House||Kemper Lounge|
|North Mid Quads||Willard Lounge|
|Rogers House||Willard Lounge|
|Seabury||Foster Walker Lobby|
|South Mid Quads||Willard Lounge|
|West Fairchild||1835 Hinman Lobby|
Early Arrival Requests
Residential Services occasionally gets requests for students wanting to move in earlier than the dates listed above. Selected students deemed essential for the opening of the residence halls and residential colleges are permitted to check in on Thursday, September 19, 2012 (after 1 p.m.). Examples:
- Peer Adviser staff
- Purple Posse volunteers
- Selected hall government officers
- Selected staff working the Information & Mail Centers
Students with one of these groups are encouraged to confirm with their advisor or supervisor that they are permitted to move in on Thursday.
NOTE: There are representatives of some student organizations that are given the opportunity to participate in Wildcat Welcome. However, most of these groups are not approved to move in early.
Students not in one of the groups listed above should assume that the earliest they can check in to the residence halls is 9 a.m. on Monday, September 24, 2012. Contact your Area Coordinator if you have any questions.
Shipping Items in Advance
If you'll be living in University housing and intend to ship some of your belongings before you arrive, please refer to the information on the Wildcat Welcome Package Centers for the process, important dates, and other useful information to ensure a smooth experience.
Tt is important to know that two processes are different than what you are used to from previous years. When you check in, a blank Room Condition Inventory will be included in your key packet. You are responsibly for accurately recording the condition of your room and submitting the form to your Community Assistant. If you have a non-emergency maintenance request, you now submit it online (instead of reporting it to your CA). Emergency maintenance requests are still directed to a CA or NUPD.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our Move In FAQ page. The Residential Services staff can also be reached at (847) 491-3541. We are open between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time on weekdays. Our email address is email@example.com.