Best Room Photo Contest 2014
Enter the ‘Best Room Photo Contest’ and you could win a $75 Downtown Evanston gift card!
- Four Categories
- Best School Spirit
- Best Themed Room
- Best Creative Room
- Best Decorated
- One winning room per category. All roommates in the winning rooms will receive a $75 gift card.
Contest Entry and Voting Process
1) Entries will be accepted starting on Monday, January 13, 2014.
2) To submit an entry, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject: ‘Best Room Photo Contest’
- 4-5 photos of your room
- A photo of you and your roommate(s)
- Your name(s)
- The name of your residence hall and room number
- Category you are submitting your room for
3) Submissions for all categories are due no later than Thursday, January 30 at 11:59 PM.
4) Starting Monday, February 3, finalist rooms from each category will be posted on the NU Residential Services Facebook page. The posting and voting schedule is as follows:
Week 1: Best School Spirit
‘Best School Spirit’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 3.
Voting will be open through Friday, February 7 at 4:00 PM.
‘Best School Spirit’ winner will be announced Friday, February 7 at 4:30 PM.
Week 2: Best Themed
‘Best Themed’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 10.
Voting will be open through Friday, February 14 at 4:00 PM.
‘Best Themed Room’ winner will be announced Friday, February 14 at 4:30 PM.
Week 3: Best Decorated
‘Best Decorated’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 17.
Voting will be open through Friday, February 21 at 4:00 PM.
‘Best Decorated Room’ winner will be announced Friday, February 21 at 4:30 PM.
Week 4: Best Creative
‘Best Creative’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 24.
Voting will be open through Friday, February 28 at 4:00 PM.
‘Best Creative’ Room winner will be announced Friday, February 28 at 4:30 PM.
5) People can vote for their favorite room by “liking” their photo during the open voting schedule listed above. The number of likes on the Residential Services Facebook Page will determine the winners.
6) After the winners are announced, a professional photo shoot of each winning room will be scheduled.
Additional Rules and Details:
- You must be a current NU student living in the residence halls, with a contract in good standing, to enter the contest.
- If you are in a double or triple room, ALL roommates must agree to enter the contest.
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to allow NU Residential Services to use his/her photographs and name in electronic and print publications.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate or that depict policy violations will be disqualified.