Best Room Contest 2016
Enter the ‘Best Room Photo Contest’ and you could win a $75 Downtown Evanston gift card!
Use this gift card at places like:
- Andy’s Frozen Custard
- Beck’s Books
- Century Theatres
- Crossroads Trading Co.
- Lou Malnati’s
- And over a 100 other places!
- The contest consists of four different categories, listed below.
- You may only submit photos for ONE category.
- All submitted photos will be screened for policy violations. If your room has any policy violations, it will not be allowed in the contest. Common policy violations include:
- Cooking and heating devices (coffee pots, water heaters, portable grills, blenders)
- Hanging lights
- Items hanging from the ceiling
- Items hanging on sprinkler pipes
- There will be one winning room per category
- All roommates in the winning room will receive a $75 gift card.
Most Purple Pride
Does your room show your Purple Pride? Is it decorated entirely in purple colors? Does it feature any of our many amazing alumni? Does it express your love for NU sports? Purple Pride is what we want to see!
Does your room have a unique theme? Or are you a self-proclaimed 'nerd' about a certain interest and your room reflects it? Show us how you've decorated your room to fit this theme!
Most Creative Use of Space
Did you transform your room's walls, floors, windows, and furniture in a really creative way? Show us how you've transformed your room from a blank space to something that makes your room your own.
Do you consider yourself a DIY-er and/or amazing decorater? We want to see your decorating skills and anything you did to make your room all-around magnificent!
Contest Entry and Voting Process
1. Entries will be accepted starting on Friday, January 29, 2016.
2. To submit an entry, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject “Best Room Photo Contest”:
- 4-5 photos of your room
- A photo of you and your roommate(s)
- Your name(s)
- The name of your residence hall and room number
- Category you are submitting your room for (NOTE: if you are submitting for 'Best Themed' room, please let us know what your room theme is)
- You may only submit to ONE of our four categories
3. The deadline to submit an entry has been extended to Sunday, February 14 by 11:59PM
4. Starting on Monday, February 15th, finalist rooms from each category will be posted on the NU Residential Services Facebook page. The posting and voting schedule is as followed:
Week 1: Most Purple Pride
- ‘Most Purple Pride’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 15.
- Voting will be open through Friday, February 19 at 4:00 PM.
- ‘Most Purple Pride’ winner will be announced Friday, February 19 at 4:30 PM.
Week 2: Best Themed
- ‘Best Themed’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 22.
- Voting will be open through Friday, February 26 at 4:00 PM.
- ‘Best Themed Room’ winner will be announced Friday, February 26 at 4:30 PM.
Week 3: Most Creative Use of Space
- ‘Most Creative Use of Space’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, February 29.
- Voting will be open through Friday, March 4 at 4:00 PM.
- ‘Most Creative Use of Space’ winner will be announced Friday, March 4 at 4:30 PM.
Week 4: Best Decorated
- ‘Best Decorated’ finalist photos will be posted on Monday, March 6.
- Voting will be open through Friday, March 11 at 4:00 PM.
- ‘Best Decorated’ Room winner will be announced Friday, March 11 at 4:30 PM.
5. People can vote for their favorite room by “liking” their photo during the open voting schedule listed above. The number of likes on the Residential Services Facebook Page will determine the winners.
6. After the winners are announced, a professional photo shoot of each winning room will be scheduled.
Additional Rules and Details
- You must be a current NU student living in the residence halls, with a contract in good standing, to enter the contest.
- If you are in a double or triple room, ALL roommates must agree to enter the contest.
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate or that depict policy violations will disqualified.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of his/her photographs and name to be used by NU Residential Services in electronic and print publications.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.