Overview of Position
One of the long-standing traditions at Northwestern is Purple Posse. Every year, Purple Posse students assist new students and their families during new student move-in day. This fall, new students will arrive to campus on September 11, 2017. As a Purple Posse volunteer, you will be one of the first students our new Wildcats will meet when they arrive on campus. This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome new students to the NU community and show residents and their families that you care! We are looking for friendly, energetic people to continue this tradition of welcoming our new students to Northwestern. To learn more about this opportunity, read the information below.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Attend the mandatory Purple Posse Orientation meetings on the evenings of May 8 and September 6
- Move into on-campus housing on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 after 1 pm and attend a training program at 6:00 p.m. that evening
- Work several pre-move-in days (Thursday, September 7 – Saturday, September 9)
- Work shifts on new student move-in day (Monday, September 11, 2017)
- Work shifts on Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Lift and carry heavy items
- Deliver packages to areas on campus
- Perform general office work
Preference will be given to students living in University Housing.
Volunteers will be permitted early move-in to their University residence on September 6, 2017. (Note, students living in fraternity or sorority houses will have to get permission from the designated chapter authorities to move-in early). All volunteers will receive a complimentary Purple Posse t-shirt.
If you are interested in joining the Purple Posse team, please complete the application by by April 21, 2017.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.