Wildcat Welcome Package Centers 2012
This webpage contains information for Fall 2012. Information for Fall 2013 will be provided here in Summer 2013.
If you'll be living in University housing and intend to ship some of your belongings before you arrive, follow these steps:
- Choose a shipping company. It is best to choose a service that provides tracking information and proof of delivery (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.).
- Schedule delivery for no earlier than September 18, 2012. We ask the delivery companies to hold mail for Northwestern residential students that arrive before this date for delivery on the 18th. However, packages arriving earlier than the 18th may be returned to the sender.
- Address each package appropriately (visit the description of your assigned building for the correct mailing address). Please do not include "Northwestern University" in the mailing address as this will slow down the delivery of the package.
Upon arrival, go to your residence's designated mailroom or package center with your photo ID to claim your shipment. Specific pickup hours will be posted in student residences and mailrooms. Please note the following:
- In an effort to reduce wait times, we would encourage students to ship only essential items early and wait to ship non-essentials until after the start of classes. Examples of non-essentials include items such as winter clothing.
- The student must show a picture ID and be present to claim his or her belongings. A family member or friend cannot sign for the student's items.
Due to the volume of packages delivered at the beginning of the academic year, some students will pick up packages at designated package centers instead of the normal Information & Mail Centers.
|Residence Hall Assignment||Package Center|
ISRC (International Studies RC) (West Fairchild)
CRC (Communications RC) (East Fairchild)
Jones Residential College
|1835 Hinman - 1st Floor|
Shepard Residential College
PARC (Public Affairs Residential College)
Allison Residential Community
|Allison Information & Mail Center|
Hobart (Women’s RC)
North Mid-Quad (NMQ)
South Mid-Quad (SMQ)
626 Emerson (Phi Mu Alpha)
720 Emerson (Sigma Alpha Iota)
|Foster Walker East Basement Lounge|
|Elder Residential Community||Elder Music Practice Room (near the mailboxes)|
Chapin Residential Community
Willard Residential Community
|Willard Pool Room|
|Bobb Hall Main Lounge|
Slivka (Science and Engineering)
ACCI (Commerce and Industry)
|Kemper Main Lounge|
Northwestern University provides the package center service as a courtesy only. It is expressly acknowledged and understood by any students for whom packages are held that Northwestern University is not acting as an agent or bailee for the student. The University assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages resulting directly or indirectly therefrom, and such students further agree to release and discharge Northwestern University from any claims, loss, cost of damages therefrom. This service is used by students at their own risk. The University reserves the right to reject and not accept any packages from any carrier at its discretion and as it sees fit. The University also reserves the right to terminate this service at any time without notice.