Mail and Package Centers
During the academic year, package center hours are as follows:
Foster-Walker Package Center
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Kemper Package Center
Monday through Friday: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How the Mail and Package Centers Work
- Mail and packages arrive at the Foster-Walker package center. The times of deliveries vary, so please be patient as the mail clerks are working as fast as possible.
- USPS, UPS, and FedEx know to deliver all packages for students to the Foster-Walker package center.
- Mailroom staff separates north campus packages (see building list below) for delivery to the Kemper package center.
- Packages that arrive over the weekend will not be delivered to the Kemper package center until Monday morning. If you are a north campus resident and your package arrives over the weekend, you may retrieve the package over the weekend at Foster-Walker or wait until it is transported to the Kemper package center on Monday morning.
- Only mail clerks are permitted to sign for deliveries. Please do not sign for any packages.
- The mail clerks sort the mail and place it in the appropriate mailbox.
- All items that do not fit in the mailboxes are logged and stored at the mailroom. An email notification for each stored item is sent to the Northwestern email address on file to notify the student of its arrival.
- Each student must present his/her WildCARD to retrieve a stored item.
- Please ask all friends and family to correctly label all mail and packages. To find the mailing address for a particular building, visit the description of your desired building. Special note: all mail with zip code 60208 or "Northwestern University" will first be delivered to University Services mail center before arriving at Foster-Walker. To ensure faster service, please be sure to correctly update your address for any bills or statements.
- During winter break packages are logged and stored at the Foster Walker package center. The Foster-Walker package center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. excluding university holidays over winter break. Students may pick up their items upon their return. There are no mail deliveries over winter break.
|North Campus Buildings||Address|
|2303 Sheridan||2303 Sheridan Rd|
|Ayers||2324 Campus Dr|
|Bobb||2305 Sheridan Rd|
|Elder||2400 Sheridan Rd|
|Goodrich||2321 Sheridan Rd|
|Kemper||2420 Campus Dr|
|Lindgren||2309 Sheridan Rd|
|McCulloch||2315 Sheridan Rd|
|Sargent||2245 Sheridan Rd|
|Slivka||2332 Campus Dr|
|South Campus Buildings||Address|
|630 Emerson (PMA)||630 Emerson St|
|720 Emerson (SAI)||720 Emerson St|
|1835 Hinman||1835 Hinman Ave|
|1856 Orrington||1856 Orrington Ave|
|Allison||1820 Chicago Ave|
|Chapin||726 University Pl|
|East Fairchild||1855 Sheridan Rd|
|Foster-Walker||1927 Orrington Ave|
|Jones||1820 Sheridan Rd|
|North Mid-Quads||650 Emerson St|
|PARC||1838 Chicago Ave|
|Rogers||647 University Pl|
|Seabury||2122 Sheridan Rd|
|Shepard||626 University Pl|
|South Mid-Quads||655 University Pl|
|West Fairchild||1861 Sheridan Rd|
|Willard||1865 Sherman Ave|
How to Send Packages
The mailroom does not accept packages to be shipped out or returned unless the package has a pre-paid shipping or return label. Please contact the carrier directly to arrange for a pickup. The Package Center DOES NOT sell ANY postage or shipping materials. Only packages under one (1) pound being shipped through USPS may be sent out. Anything over a pound must be taken directly to a US Post Office counter due to security measures.
- Outgoing, stamped mail may be slipped through the mail slot marked "US Mail" near any residence hall mailboxes. The mailroom does not sell stamps, shipping supplies or shipping services of any kind.
- There are three USPS locations in Evanston:
- Evanston Main Office at 1101 Davis Street (a few blocks west from the Davis El stop)
- Evanston North at 1929 Central Street
- Evanston South at 701 Main Street (just west of the Main Street el stop)
- There is a UPS Store at 1555 Sherman Avenue.
University Residential Life collects mail forwarding information. It is important to note that not all mail can be forwarded. So, you are encouraged to notify friends, family, and companies of your summer mailing address to ensure delivery. Refer to Mail Forwarding Information for more details and to provide your forwarding address.
Stop Unwanted Mail
Reducing unwanted mail helps protect the environment, saves time and landfill space, and makes your life easier. We encourage you to follow the steps below to elminate or reduce unwanted junk mail at your home or office. Here are some things you can do to help:
Reduce Pre-screened Credit Card Offers:
Stop receiving unsolicited credit card offers by contacting the official Consumer Credit Reporting Industry site. Complete the information on the site or call 1-888-567-8688. Visit the website at: OptOutPrescreen.com
Stop Junk Mail:
Stop junk mail from marketing companies. Direct Marketing Association (DMA) is a service that lets you opt out of receiving mail marketing advertising. Visit the website at: www.dmachoice.org
Stop Catalog Mailings:
A free service that allows you to reduce unwanted catalogs and choose the method of contact for brands of your choice. Visit the website at: catalogchoice.org
Stop Unwanted Paper Mail - Using Your Phone!
Prevent catalog mailings along with catalog choice: www.paperkarma.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our frequently asked questions page about mail service.
For overall questions regarding residence hall mail service, please email Residential Life Mail Services.