Housing Master Plan
The Housing Master Plan is part of an initiative led by the Division of Student Affairs to improve the student experience. The Housing Master Plan specifically focuses on improving the student residential experience through a combination of renovation and new construction projects that will reposition housing offerings to meet student market demand and increase on-campus undergraduate capacity.
As part of the plan, five new residence halls will be constructed:
- One will be located on the north side of campus. (to be called 560 Lincoln)
- One to replace Bobb hall
- One to replace McCulloch hall
- One to replace Sargent hall
- One to replace 1835 Hinman
The plan also includes full renovations for the following residence halls:
- East Fairchild
- Foster-Walker Complex
- Goodrich House [Completed]
- Jones Residential College
- North Mid-Quads [Completed]
- 1838 Chicago - prior home to PARC Residential College [Completed]
- Shepard Hall - prior home to Shepard Residential College[Completed]
- South Mid-Quads [Completed]
- West Fairchild
- Willard Residential College [Currently under renovation]
The following buildings are slated to be taken down:
- Sargent Hall
The Housing Master Plan started in Fall 2013 and is expected to be completed in Fall 2025.
Project Timeline (subject to change)
|Year||Offline||Under Construction (new)||Under Renovation (offline)||Opening||Capacity|
|2015||North Mid Quads/South Mid Quads (Summer '15),||3,854|
|2016||560 Lincoln (New Residence Hall)||Goodrich, 1838 Chicago, Shepard Hall||North Mid Quads/South Mid Quads (Fall '15)||3,673|
|2017||560 Lincoln (New Residence Hall)||Willard||Goodrich, 1838 Chicago, Shepard Hall||3,660|
|2018||1835 Hinman||1830 Sheridan||Jones||560 Lincoln (New Residence Hall), Willard (Open January 2018)||3,966|
|2022||Foster-Walker||1830 Sheridan, Jones||3,993|
|2025||Sargent, East Fairchild, West Fairchild*||Bobb-McCulloch Replacement||3,837|
*Potential offramp related to occupancy needs.
For additional information about current projects, click the building name below:
View the Housing Master Plan FAQs page for answers to some common questions about the Housing Master Plan.