Residence Hall Coordinator
Overview of Position
Residence Hall Coordinators (RHCs) are undergraduate or graduate students who live and work in the halls. they are responsible for supervising CAs and/or advising hall/college governments in the following locations:
- Small Houses North (Goodrich House, Foster House, Lindgren House, 584 Lincoln, GREEN House);
- Shepard Residential College and Public Affairs Residential College (PARC);
- South Mid-Quads Hall and North Mid-Quads Hall.
Staff supervision and evaluation
- Serve as a direct supervisor for 4 to 7 staff members
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings with entire staff
- Meet with staff members one-on-one on a regular basis
- Review fall quarter staff self evaluations and resident evaluations of staff
- Monitor staff adherence to the professional agreement and address concerns as they arise
- Assign administrative responsibilities to CAs as appropriate
- Assist staff with difficult student conduct issues or confrontations
Staff selection, orientation and development
- Participate in the CA staff selection process during winter quarter
- Participate the spring RHC staff training program
- Assist the Area Coordinator in orienting new and returning staff to the area
- Plan and implement staff development activities
- Plan and implement staff recognition activities
- Administer and oversee responsible use of the staff development budget
- Advise hall government and/or mentor CAs advising hall government
- Monitor the development and implementation of CA programming in the area
- Consult with CA staff regarding personal or group problems of students in assigned building(s)
Operational and administrative responsibilities
- Complete administrative tasks in conjunction with hall opening, hall closing and break periods
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure adherence to University protocol when responding to crisis or emergency situations
- Prepare written reports
- Coordinate and monitor CA duty schedule
- Review CA reports as appropriate and compile into a weekly report
- Meet weekly with supervisor
- Carry a university cell phone 24-7 during the academic year (may be turned off when in class)
- Be available in the residence hall when the halls open and close (i.e. staying in building until all staff have completed their check out duties, and arriving early when the halls officially open in September, January and March)
- Serve as a liaison to mailroom staff and Community Service Officers (CSOs)
- Perform other duties as requested by the Area Coordinator
- The RHC reports directly to an Area Coordinator and indirectly to the Assistant Director of the area.
- Functional and administrative supervision of 4 to 7 Community Assistants. The area of responsibility includes residence hall(s) housing 220 to 350 students.
Dates of Employment
- Position begins August 2012 and ends June 2013.
- Compensation includes room, board, voicemail, and a stipend of $4400 paid in 10 monthly installments.
Please see the application process for the residence hall coordinator position for full details.