NU Move In Volunteer Sign Up 2012
NU Fall 2012 Move-In days are right around the corner. For move-in to be a success, we are seeking faculty and staff volunteers. This will be a fun and exciting time and we're hoping you can assist in welcoming our new students on Thursday, September 20th, 2012, for a two hours shift sometime between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Volunteers will greet students and their families, provide directions and answer questions. Please register by August 31, 2012 as spots are limited.
As a volunteer, you are signing up to represent NU, your
department, and Residential Services with the highest form of honor, enthusiasm and dedication. GO CATS!
Requirements of the NU Move In Volunteers
- Provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
- Have a desire to help incoming residents feel at home
- Accurately answer questions or refer appropriately
- Remember that you are representing your department, Residential Services, and NU
- Wear the "Ask Me" button which will be provided when you check in for your shift.
- Wear comfortable, closed toe shoes (athletic shoes recommended)
- Work cooperatively with Residential Service staff, Peer Advisors and Purple Posse student volunteers who are also assigned to assist with the move-in process. We are one big team on move-in day.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Cat Owney in Residential Services at (847) 491-3541 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.