Information & Mail Center Manager
Overview of the Position
The Information & Mail Center (IMC) Manager is a student leadership position intended to oversee the daily operations of his or her assigned residential Information & Mail Center.
This information is intended for individuals who are interested in being considered for a manager position for Fall 2012. The selection process for clerks for Fall 2012 will begin in April 2012. Watch this website for further information.
Formal DescriptionThe Information & Mail Center (IMC) manager is a student leadership position intended to oversee the daily operations of his or her assigned residential IMC. The IMC manager will:
- Work 10-12 hours per week;
- Serve as the immediate point of contact for all IMC clerks in his or her assigned IMC;
- Coordinate the Welcome Week package centers for his or her assigned area;
- Assist with the selection process for IMC clerks;
- Provide all IMC clerks with all required payroll paperwork and ensure that the paperwork is completed prior to the clerk’s first scheduled shift;
- Schedule shifts for IMC clerks at the beginning of each quarter, post the hours in a visible location near the IMC and send a copy of the schedule to supervisory staff;;
- Review the hours that IMC clerks report at the end of each pay period and verify those hours for accuracy;
- Check in with each IMC clerk at least once each pay period (this may require occasional weekend and evening commitments);
- Conduct IMC clerk training as necessary (and work with each clerk during his or her first or second shift);
- Attend all scheduled IMC trainings and meetings;
- Resolve issues, respond to complaints, and improve the overall efficiency of his or her assigned IMC
- Complete quarterly reports highlighting struggles and accomplishments;
- Complete evaluations of each IMC clerk twice a year;
- Meet regularly with supervisory staff; and
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Because of the nature of the position, the IMC manager must be prepared to complete all duties and responsibilities outlined in IMCclerk position descriptions.
QualificationsThe IMC manager must be:
- A Northwestern University undergraduate student;
- Work-study eligible for the academic year; and
- In good disciplinary standing with Northwestern University.
Dates of EmploymentThe IMC manager must be able to begin working prior to the start of the academic year to prepare the IMC and package centers (with training tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 16, 2012). He or she must be able to work until the end of finals week for fall and winter quarters and also until the end of senior week for spring quarter.
The IMC manager will be paid a starting wage of $8.50 per hour. Annual raises may be given based on performance. It is the IMC manager’s responsibility to monitor his or her work-study package and to stay within his or her given allotment.
The application deadline for 2012-2013 managers has closed. Please watch this page in Winter 2013 for information about the next manager selection process.